Monday 24 June 2013

Monday Makes

It's been a very productive week for me! :D
Firstly, I missed the derby trip to McDonalds after training (stupid shifts....), so I lost out to getting my very own minion from Despicable Me 2, sad Moogle :(  So I decided to make my own!


Which did me until the lovely Tiny Tearaway surprised me with two of my very own from another McDonalds that hadn't sold out :D

We have a few crafty/fundraising things coming up with both Fierce Valley Roller Girls and the Cubs, so I've been trying to think of things I can make to contribute.  I came up with this:


I hope it looks like a skate!  I'm thinking I can make it into a fridge magnet or possibly keyring.  It might be too big for a necklace.  We'll see.

I've also been catching up on the Summer Stitching Club.


I'm quite happy with how this one came out.  I've done a little better on this one compared to the sunglasses from the last Monday Makes.  The stitches are closer and I've managed a circle!


The swimsuit was a little trickier, but I'm happy with this one too :)


The sunhat....was probably the most difficult for me.  I don't think I traced the image well enough onto the linen and for some reason, I completely messed up my french knots for the eyes.  I just lost it :(

And here is the progress so far which I posted up on Wild Olive's Flickr group.


I'm hoping to get the blue fabric tomorrow to finish off the hexies (I finally decided on a pattern!).  Then I can start joining them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment