Friday 25 May 2012

Oooops....

Wow, it's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted anything! This is not to say that I haven't been smiling, I just feel like I haven't had 5 minutes to sit down...

So, my week off was the laziest week off ever. I had so many plans, and as usual, the thought of getting an extra couple of hours in bed won instead.  I did visit my sister on Thursday - would have been a nice drive to Helensburgh had the weather not been crap, but still, nice to get out of the house.  Because the weather was so crap all week, I couldn't get out to skate.  And I never seemed to get any peace to focus on my crochet (I received my first copy of Lets Get Crafting Knit and Crochet, was so excited to get started!).  I think I need another week off!!


Monday made me think alot about things, mainly how there are some things in my life I'm not extremely happy about, but then I realised there's not much I can do about most of it, so I just have to plod on and try to keep smiling.  So as the day went on, I added some key points on how to do this:

1) Ignore thy father's rants (high impact ear defenders possibly required)
2) Add James Brown, Get Up Offa That Thing as my ringtone! (Thanks Mike).
3) Start the week as I mean to go on! Less stodge!
4) Bring iPod to work when I'm not driving, drown out all the stupid!
5) Stop letting the silly little things get to me
6) Stop dwelling on things that I can't change.
It helped on Monday, it really did.  Just gota keep thinking along these lines. Positive thinking!

Tuesday was fun scrimmy times! Had the butterflies again, not as bad as the first time though.  I only got to jam a few times, but I think my blocking is getting much better, and all that training is finally sinking in. I was also told my pack awareness was awesome :D  We did a little positive pow wow before hand, going around in a circle and telling the person on your left something good about them.  Jo told me I was a great jammer, nippy and quick xD It's always nice to hear good things, I'm never sure if my team mates think I'm an asset or a hindrence, lol.


Today, last "happy" backshift, then skatey fun times (the intermediates are sitting their mins tonight!), then straight home to sleep for an early shift tomorrow.  Then maybe my weekend can start. And I hope it's a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment