Monday 18 February 2013

Monday Makes

I finished the last cross stitch! :D

 

I think this is my favourite one.

So, after putting the three finished cross stitch pieces into the frames and cutting the ribbon to length, this is what I've ended up with:

 

It needed something more.  So I've ordered some beads and shells from ebay to thread onto the left over ribbon.  After a little tidy up, I'm hoping this will finish it off.

I also made soup today!  Not a huge achievement, but one of my monthly to do's ticked off the list.  Here's the recipe for Spicy Tomato Soup (a recipe I got from Weight Watchers when I attended a few years ago):
1 Onion
2 Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
800ml of Vegetable Stock
2 Teaspoons of Basil
2-3 Teaspoons of Tabasco Sauce
50g Lentils
Very simply, bung all the ingredients together in a very large pan, heat until boiling.  Then simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally (which I may have forgot to do, resulting in a few lentils getting stuck to the bottom of the pan.....derp).
It's a delicious soup and best of all, very filling and low in calories!

And lastly, I'm in the process of making some pom pom sheep!  All for a good cause!  Shauns Pom Pom Parade is a project started in support of Campaign For Wool, which "aims to educate as many people as possible about the incredible benefits and versatility of wool in fashion, furnishings and everyday life. This in turn, supports many small businesses and local farmers whose livelihoods depend on the wool industry."  They are basically trying to break the record for the most pom pom sheep made, with people downloading the template here at Shaun The Sheep and posting away any little critters they make.  I'm going to see how many I can make before next week! (the last date for entries is the 1st of March).  I'm going to make a few in FVRG colours (of course) and maybe attempt a multicoloured one.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment